Tyler is crazy with color right now. Of course, the Azaleas are doing their thing, but also you can spot the signs of emerging life from the roses, tulips and other gorgeous plants. The Parsnip took Meghan and I driving the Azalea Trails during her split shift break yesterday. It was very enjoyable.
We also got to go see my mother-in-laws new flower beds, which are very pretty this year.
My mother-in-law got some new roses for her front bed, which made me think of my favorite rose, the Zephirine Droughin.
I love this old girl for so many reasons…
- It was brought west by a homesteading wife, on her lap in a covered wagon.
- They have abundant, electric pink (my favorite color) roses that keep going from May to frost.
- They are almost completely thorn free, which makes them a great choice for the pergola or along walkways.
- The have an intoxicating, heady aroma that will knock your socks off.
- They are a well mannered, climbing rose, excellent for porches or a trellis.
They simply can’t be beat. So, where can you find yours?
The Antique Rose Emporium is always a great place. Other places you might check are Brushwood and perhaps Jackson & Perkins. No matter where you get it, just be sure you do get it. You won’t be sorry!
Have a Zephirine Droughin, paisley day!~KeriAnne