Cooking With Refogado
Cooking with Refogado is a great way to add depth of flavor without adding any more fat or salt.
So today on Feed Me Friday, we’re cooking with Refogado!
The Menu is…
Tortilla Roll Ups
No Bake Lemon Pie
- 1 med. chicken
2 lg. potatoes
2 tbsp. cooking oil
1/4 cup Sofrito goya
1 c. tomato sauce
1 tbsp. Adobo goya
1 pkg. Sazon goya
In a large cooking pan, heat cooking oil at a medium flame for 30 seconds. Add Sofrito to cooking oil for another 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add 1/3 cup of tomato sauce. Now add 7 cups water.
Combine chicken, potatoes, leftover tomato sauce, Sazon goya and Adobo. Stir well. Allow to boil at a medium flame for approximately 60 minutes or until chicken is tender
This is the original recipe, the only thing I change is that I use 1/2 cup of Sofrito instead of 1/4. We like it a bit more Sofrito-ish.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry fiesta-style ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 10 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese, sour cream, fiesta-style ranch dressing mix, chunky salsa and Cheddar cheese. Spread even amounts of the mixture onto the tortillas. Roll tortillas and chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- To serve, slice the chilled, rolled tortillas into 3/4 inch slices and arrange on a large serving platter.
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup peeled, diced cucumber
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped cilantro leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Combine the mango, cucumber, jalapeno, red onion, lime juice and cilantro leaves and mix well. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
No Bake Lemon Pie
2 graham cracker pie shells
12 oz. Cool Whip
Sm. can frozen lemonade, thawed
1 can Eagle Brand milk
1 tsp. lemon juice
Another container of Cool whip for topping if desired.
Mix lemonade, lemonade Eagle Brand milk and lemon juice together Whip in Cool whip until incorporated, do not over beat.. Pour into 2 graham cracker pie shells. Refrigerate for 1 hour, top with cool whip and garnish with lemon slices if desired.
If you’re in the mood to clown around, check this out.
I hope you have a great, paisley weekend!~KeriAnne