It’s Wednesday. If only there were a butterfly.
Here’s a butterfly.
Eastern Swallowtail Butterfly
This is the Eastern Tiger Swallowtail I believe. At least that’s what it appears to be from the Butterfly website I looked on to find the name. This is a female, the males are the reverse color. That’s kind of cool.
Today I am making Butterfly Salt…not really, but I am making Rosemary Salt from the recipe in Marissa McClellan’s book, Food in Jars
1 Cup Fine or Medium milled Sea Salt
1/4 cup fresh Rosemary leaves finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 200°
- Toss salt and chopped rosemary together
- Put a layer of aluminum foil on a baking sheet, I used my baking stone
- Bake in oven for 15-30 minutes or until a nice rosemary scent is permeating your house
- Remove from oven, allow to cool
- Place your salt in a decorative tin or bottle if you’re giving it as a gift, or in a handy mason jar if you’re using it yourself. It should keep with care to not allow moisture in the container, for about 1 year.
Have a great paisley Wednesday!~KeriAnne