Today is the first day of summer! So happy summer! It’s the longest day of the year (or the shortest if you live on the other side of the world).
- a time for home made and carted popsicles.
- swimming pools or swimming holes.
- firefly lanterns and sleep outs.
- lemonade on the porch and watermelon in the fridge.
- secrets with friends.
- daisy chains and banana bikes.
- pirates and princesses.
- grandparents and cousins.
It’s the first day. What are you going to do with your summer?
Make it paisley!~KeriAnne
- So, this post isn’t so much about the garden, but about kids.
Regular readers know that I have four kids and that I homeschooled all four. The two oldest two are 20 and 21 the younger are 14 and 8. Having things for kids to “do” has been part of my life for twenty years. Today, I want to tell you about a fun game we would play that I’ve modified a bit to be more garden friendly.
Have a Nature Scavenger Hunt! Give your kids a list of things to “scavenge” or find around your yard or neighborhood. This is really fun to play when your kids have friends over as well, split them into a couple or more teams and let them go.
I found a great site that had some good ideas, you should check out Scavenger Hunt Things or Diva Scavenger Hunt Read the rest of this entry